A great profile can make a big difference when it comes to online dating after 50. It can mean finding a soulmate who ticks all the right boxes quicker. When dating online over 50 for the first time, creating a good dating profile is key to a successful experience.
Below you will find some men and women over 50 dating profile examples to get you started. You can also find a quick run-down on what to keep in mind as you create a good dating profile.
Table of Contents
Best woman over 50 dating services
Before you look at our woman over 50 dating profile examples below, you might want some inspiration to help you get into a creative mindset. The best way to do that is to sign up for a dating site for over 50 singles so you can see the layout, features, and to get some ideas first-hand!
5 Woman over 50 dating profile examples
To find good matches, you’ll need to give a great first impression. Your profile is your calling card. It’s an opportunity to clearly state your interests, what you want out of a relationship, and set yourself up for a wonderful first date.
However, it’s nerve-wracking to write about yourself. This is why we have collected five woman over 50 dating profile examples. These will give you some inspiration and point you in the right direction.
Woman over 50 dating profile examples #1
Hey! I am a passionate and self-motivated woman who aims for the best in everything I do.
I am ambitious and I believe in love and marriage. I am looking for a man who can accept who I am and be a resilient partner, excited to build a life together.
Woman over 50 dating profile examples #2
I’m easy-going, love to laugh, and am a bit of a romantic at heart. I love to be around people and try to always see the good in them.
I love going for long walks, the beach, hiking, or just staying home cuddled up on the couch with a good book.
I’m looking for a man who can appreciate the little things in life and who will love me for who I am.
Woman over 50 dating profile examples #3
I’m a single mom with a great sense of humor. I have a degree in business administration and work as an office manager.
I’m into music and travel. I enjoy peace and quiet at home, the great outdoors, and picnics in the park.
I want to meet a man who is not afraid of commitment when the chemistry is right.
If you are looking for similar things in life, send me a message.
Woman over 50 dating profile examples #4
I’m an independent woman who loves travel and new experiences.
I also love to cook and play the guitar when I have some free time. I love animals, I have a dog and a cat.
I’m looking for a good friend and lover in my potential partner.
If that’s you, message me.
Woman over 50 dating profile examples #5
I like being outdoors and keeping fit.
I’m not a fine cuisine connoisseur but I do like to cook when I have time.
I’m looking for a partner who is smart, gentle, strong and emotionally mature. I’m interested in something more than just a casual fling.
I want to meet someone who I can count on and trust.
If you are after the same thing, send me a message.
Men over 50 dating profile examples
Let’s take a look at a handful of dating profile examples from single men over 50.
Man over 50 dating profile example #1
Open to friendship with a chance at serious romance. I retired early but enjoy teaching English at a community college. Books are my passion!
Never been married but no stranger to long serious relationships. I’m open to new experiences.
Man over 50 dating profile example #2
Not looking for a committed relationship yet. I’m an electrical engineer and enjoy DIY and woodworking.
I’ve been single for a few years now and want to test the waters. I really want to travel and have new experiences after I retire and want to share that with a fun-loving woman.
Man over 50 dating profile example #3
Recently lost my wife and I’m now starting to date again.
I love cooking and I retired as a chef to help run a small restaurant as part owner. Hoping to meet someone on here who is ok taking things slow.
Dating profile tips for over 50 singles
Now that you have some examples, here are some profile tips to refine your bio.
- Make sure your profile picture positively highlights you. Consider hiring a portrait photographer or getting a second opinion to pick your pictures.
- Let your potential silver fox or attractive woman know about your relationship goals.
- Create a brief narrative about yourself to draw interest.
- Mention what you are passionate about and list a couple of things that will help you match with someone else, such as hobbies.
- Don’t forget to describe the main traits you are looking for in a partner.
Wonder what the chances of finding love over 50 are? We’ve got all the important stats for you.
Specific tips on how to write a good dating profile bio
You can start using some woman over 50 dating profile examples above to get started on your bio. Here are some different styles you can use for your profile bio. You can try to work each of these elements into your profile, or emphasize just one. It’s up to you:
- Funny: Adding some humor to your profile is an excellent way to show people that you aren’t overly serious or a buzzkill. It also tells them that you are approachable, friendly, and human.
- Short: This just means that some people prefer to get straight to the point and trim all the fat. An argument for keeping it brief is that more people will read the whole thing.
- Generic: A generic profile just means that you try to keep certain parts of your bio fairly broad. While it is good to include unique details about yourself, you also want to balance it out. Make sure you leave some fun facts and anecdotes for the first date!
- Clever: It never hurts your profile to be clever. One of the better dating tips we can give you is that you want to let your potential partner know that you are more than just a pretty face.
- Catchy: Make sure to leave a lasting impression! Even if you want to go with the most generic bio, end on a high point that will catch their attention.
How to get a good photo for a woman over 50 dating profile?
As we mentioned, your profile pic is one of the most important parts of your profile, no matter how funny or catchy you make your bio. If you want to get a potential date to notice you, you’re going to have to prioritize making your photo the best it can be.
First, focus on headshots. You can include as much of your body as you want but make sure it the focus and perspective highlight you from the shoulders up.
If you feel comfortable about your own photography skills, feel free to take the picture yourself. Of course, in real life not everyone is a professional photographer. A bad profile picture is a missed opportunity on any profile, so make sure it looks good.
If selfies or portraits are not your forte, you can either ask a friend or family member, or consider using a professional portrait photographer. They know what they’re doing already, which takes out a lot of the stress.
FAQ: Dating profiles for 50+ singles
After checking out our man and woman over 50 dating profile examples, you might have some questions. Find answers below to common questions about dating profiles for 50+ singles.
What should I put on my 50+ dating profile?
You want your dating profile to give potential matches something that intrigues, amuses, or resonates with them. Here are some common topics to bring up in a dating profile (in no particular order):
- Fave foods or TV shows: A couple of each will do.
- Daily routine: Are you more of a morning person or a night owl?
- Hobbies: If it’s a big part of your life and brings you joy, mention it.
What to avoid on my 50+ dating profile?
Likewise, some things do you no favors if you add them to your very own dating profile. Best avoid these, generally speaking:
- Politics: The older we are, the more we know that politics doesn’t define who anyone is as a person.
- Past jobs: Talking shop on your profile is generally not the most fun to read.
What are people looking for in 50+ dating profiles?
Think about what you’re looking for in a dating profile as a starting point. Anyone over 50 has worthwhile experiences and memories to draw from. For this reason, they are primarily looking for something that delights and pleasantly surprises them.
How can I improve my dating profile?
To improve your dating profile at whatever age, it could be worth getting a second opinion. As long as that second opinion comes from a place of love and empathy, then you might be able to glean some key tips to spruce up your profile.